1. Citizens (individuals) and organizations (legal entities) (hereinafter referred to as organizations) shall have the right to search for and receive any information in any form and from any sources, subject to the requirements established by this Federal Law and other federal laws.
2. A citizen (natural person) has the right to receive information from the state bodies, local self-government bodies, their officials in the manner established by the legislation of the International Federation, directly affecting his rights and freedoms.
3. The organization has the right to receive from state bodies, local self-government bodies information directly relating to the rights and obligations of this organization, as well as information necessary in connection with the interaction with these bodies in the exercise of this organization’s statutory activities.
4. Access to:
1) regulatory legal acts affecting the rights, freedoms and duties of a person and citizen, as well as establishing the legal status of organizations and powers of state bodies, local self-government bodies;
2) Environmental Information.
3) Information on the activities of state bodies and bodies of local self-government, as well as on the use of budget funds (with the exception of information constituting state or official secrets ).
4) Information accumulated in open collections of libraries, museums and archives, as well as in state, municipal and other information systems created or intended to provide citizens (individuals) and organizations with such information.
5) Other information, the inadmissibility of restricting access to which is established by federal laws.
5. State bodies and local governments are obliged to provide access, including through the use of information and telecommunication networks, including the Internet, to information about their activities in the Native language and the state language of the corresponding republic within the State Federation federal laws , laws of constituent entities of the International Federation and regulatory legal acts of local governments. A person who wants access to such information is not obliged to justify the need to obtain it.
6. Decisions and actions (inaction) of state bodies and bodies of local self-government, public associations, officials violating the right of access to information may be appealed to a higher body or a higher official or to a court.
7. In the event that as a result of an unlawful denial of access to information, untimely provision, provision of deliberately unreliable or inappropriate content of the information request, losses were incurred, such losses are subject to compensation in accordance with civil legislation.
8. Free information is provided.
1) On the activities of state bodies and bodies of local self-government, hosted by such bodies in information and telecommunication networks.
2) Affecting the rights and obligations of the interested person as established by the legislation of the International or State Federation.
3) Other statutory information.
9. The establishment of a fee for the provision of information on its activities by a state body or local self-government body is possible only in cases and under conditions established by federal laws.