Life in virtual reality often displaces real existence. Almost every person of the current generation is familiar with social networks, e-mail and any other Internet resources.
Unfortunately, not many people think about the security of their data, they do not respect or even imply the rules of using accounts on the network. And at this time, intruders do not mind getting unauthorized access to such data.
E-mail now exists in almost every adult and younger generation, even the smallest users register it, for example, as a tool for installing applications.
At work the staff has one “box”, at home – another, but on each of them personal, valuable and even forbidden for the majority of ordinary people information, access to payment systems and social networks can be stored. The attacker, of course, wants to get them for mercenary purposes, often this extortion with financial significant benefits .
Concept and the criminal-legal characteristic
A crime characterized by hacking of an electronic mail box can take place both under article 272 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation and on 138. We will determine the criminal-legal composition for each article:
|138 of the Criminal Code||272 of the Criminal Code|
|An object||The right to preserve the secrecy of correspondence||The right of a citizen to information|
|The objective side||Violation of the integrity of the relevant object||Illegal access to protected information, if as a result it was changed, copied, blocked and / or destroyed|
|Subject||Adequate natural person is not younger than 16 years|
|The subjective side||Direct intention, the extent of which does not affect the toughening of punishment|
Crimes in the field of computer security are very diverse. Their composition is quite formal, committed offense is committed – fixing the fact of hacking an electronic box and referring to one of the articles of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.
The qualifying signs of a crime depend on the conditions of the crime. If a work-box has been cracked, then the use of official position will perform in their role.
Ways of crime
Many people were told that if your password is not visible, then the system is safe. But this is far from the case. The password itself is already a small grain in the process of gaining access to the email box. The mechanical selection of passwords is the last thing to do.
Here are some of the most popular types of e-mail hacking activity:
- Social engineering – simple passwords containing personal information (date of birth, name, surname, etc.), placing papers with passwords in prominent places, on the desktop of the computer as a text document.
- Spam mailing is a bright letter, most often about a win or a profitable proposal, with a link that turns out to be a malicious site or an executable file.
- Phishing is a fake copying of the original for almost 100% of the site, where an inattentive user enters his data.
- Distribution of unlicensed software with viruses .
About what article “shines” for hacking social networking pages (for example, Vkontakte (VC), Classmates, etc.), read on.
Hacking of an account on a social network
The penetration of authorization abroad in social networks is most often a consequence of the hacking of mailboxes. In addition, users make many mistakes, which leads to disastrous consequences. In the hands of intruders are personal photos, unwanted messages and details from life and much more that I would like to hide from the eyes of strangers.
It is necessary to know that at the moment it is much easier to hack into a social network account than bypassing the protection of well-known e-mail services. Therefore, it is not enough to protect one thing, a set of measures is needed. The best defense is prevention and vigilance.
Concept and qualifying signs
Since the essence of the crime of hacking the mail box and the social networking account is almost the same, then they have the same criminal-legal characteristics. In the modern world, even a business can be organized through a social network, so you can not say that hacking an object will be more important than another.
The hacking of accounts of social networks is also covered by the formality of the crime. Note the important – often the hacking is a consequence of the banal inattention of the user, leaving an open profile in the Internet cafe or a friend at a party, it will be difficult to tell you about the criminal nature of the crime.
Ways of crime
To the above methods of obtaining a password, you can add:
- Unsecured sessions in social. Networks;
- Data transfer to third parties;
- Use of untested Wifi networks.
How to prove hacking?
The whole complexity of information crimes consists in proving the guilt of the criminal. It is extremely difficult to bring a particular person to justice, especially if it is completely unfamiliar to you. There are very few ways to prove the fact of hacking:
- Send a letter to the manager of the mail service or social network with a request to provide a list of IP addresses that came through your account;
- Some soc. networks in the settings allow you to track the latest activity;
- If your face comes spam to other users, the profile is unavailable, the administration of the resource asked you, then the probability of hacking is maximum.
About the responsibility for the article of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation for hacking an email or an account page in a social network, read on.
Punishment and responsibility
For convenience, let’s use the table and consider the types of punishment for hacking the social account. networks or mail:
|Type of punishment||138 Article of the Criminal Code||Article 272 of the Criminal Code|
|Fine||100-300 thousand rubles||Up to 500 thousand rubles|
|Compulsory work||Up to 480 hours||Not assigned|
|Corrective labor||Up to 1 year||Up to 1 year|
|Forced labor||Up to four years||Up to 5 years|
|Arrest||Up to four months||Not assigned|
|Restriction of freedom||Not assigned||Up to four years|
|Deprivation of liberty||Up to four years||Up to seven years|
- The student was sentenced under articles 272 and 138 in the form of imprisonment for 7 years for hacking a mailbox of an unauthorized person. After hacking, the defendant extorted money from the victim for the return of the account.
- The employee of the communication salon, using the official position, got access to the printout of calls of the third party for personal purposes. The process of their appropriation and study was recorded on a video camera. The charge under Article 138 was not rendered by the reconciliation of the parties.